Our practices are a privately billing practice. Payment of the account in full at the time of service is expected. To facilitate this credit card facilities are available, in addition there is the easy claim system that sees your Medicare rebate back into your account within 11 seconds available to debit cards. Where payment of account is made and easy claims is not used the practice will forward the completed claim electronically to Medicare.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties in making payment for your account, please speak to the Office Manager to discuss payment plan options.
All potential workcover consultations must be paid in full on the day until the claim has been accepted.
Fees & Terms
Common charges are listed in the practice for private services offered.
All fees and charges are reviewed annually.
Any queries relating to prices or to the terms and conditions below should be addressed to the Practice Manager. Our practice privately bills patients and settlement for the outstanding balance will be required at the time of the practice appointment for both in practice consults and telehealth phone or video consults. Any charges relating to being seen at the Kapunda or Eudunda Hospital will be the responsibility of the patient seen.
A cancellation fee may be charged for failed attendance. Please give the practice at least 2 hours notice if you are unable to attend. This fee is not claimable through Medicare.
You understand that Kapunda & Eudunda Medical Practice charges fees for goods and services provided to you as detailed in the fee schedule displayed in each practice and policy published on www.kmp.net.au and you agree to pay for the services and goods supplied to you according to the terms of this Agreement.
Kapunda & Eudunda Medical Practice may at its discretion provide you “end of month” invoicing. Kapunda & Eudunda Medical Practice offers you thirty (30) day interest free terms from the date of the invoice.
- Expressly you agree to pay all fees associated with your care including any supplies and or expenses incurred within thirty (30) days of receiving the invoice.
- You understand Kapunda & Eudunda Medical Practice can provide an option for payment plans where approved.
- The fee schedule is updated every year and displayed in each practice, policy is on the website kmp.net.au and can be changed at any time without notice.
- You acknowledge that Kapunda & Eudunda Medical Practice reserves the right to charge administration fees and or interest in accordance with the Penalty Interest Rate Act 1983 to any overdue monies thirty (30) days plus from the date of the invoice.
- You agree to pay an additional minimum amount of $25.00 administration fee per invoice after 30 days. Fees and interest are accumulative.
- You acknowledge you are liable for any cost associated with the reclaiming of overdue monies through a third party such as debt collection fees, South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, fees, solicitor fees or similar after 30 days.
Practice Fees as of 1st July 2022
|Extra Long Consultation||$164.00||$140.30||$113.30|
|Please note there is NO Medicare rebate for heavy vehicle or bus licence medicals and pre-employment medicals|
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN FULL AT THE TIME OF CONSULTATION
All patients presenting with a current concession card will incur a minimum gap of $27
Your consultation will be subject to our trading terms. These are detailed on our website and a copy is available from reception.
Any outstanding accounts will incur a late payment fee
All patients seen in the OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT at the Kapunda or Eudunda Hospital WILL INCUR A GAP FEE REGARDLESS OF CONCESSION STATUS. This amount is payable at the Kapunda or Eudunda Medical Practice during office hours. We accept EFTPOS, cash, debit card, or cheque. Any outstanding amounts will incur a late payment fee and any other debt collection on costs.
Your medical record is a confidential document. It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorised members of staff.
The Kapunda and Eudunda Medical Practice endeavours to provide a comprehensive, high quality service for patients. From time to time the practice invites patients to complete a questionnaire on their views and how the practice could be improved. These surveys are completely confidential and help to improve the services we are providing to you.
The practice is keen to be informed if patients are unhappy with any aspect of the care provided and are encouraged to discuss these issues with the practice manager or the appropriate general practitioner. There are also options of using our suggestion box located in the waiting room or writing directly to the practice. If required contact may be made with the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner (HCSCC) South Australia. 1800 232 007.
Practice Code of Ethics
This practice abides by the Australian Medical Association code of ethics, a copy of which may be obtained by contacting the above Association on 8267 4355.